Thursday, March 31, 2016

When A Bird Chirps

At 5:30 this morning I heard it.  A sweet bird chirping a "Good Morning."  I thought about how thankful I was to hear something so beautiful.

I listened to my husband breathing while he slept soundly.  I smiled as I thought about how I am not going to have to miss that sound this weekend because, thanks to his new job, he will be home and not at a race.

I thought about last night as I witnessed hundreds of people all "in one accord" praising our Savior.  People praying for each other.  People crying tears of gratefulness.  People singing His praises.

I thought about my children (all of whom were sleeping soundly... Praise Jesus! ). Sweet Addi who expressed concern just last night about world hunger and wants to grow up and "give food to all the people.". Brave Brogan who has valiantly faced his fears in social situations and walked into his class at church last night with just a hug from me...not crying any tears even though his regular teacher wasn't there.  Joyful Gideon who we refer to as our " old soul."  He just seems to know who needs extra snuggles/attention from him and gravitates towards them.

I thought about this past year and tears filled my eyes.  The journey God allowed me to go through since Gideon was born, drew me closer to Him.  Difficult?  Yes.  Worth it?  Absolutely.

I thought about how the little moments really are the big moments.  How the "I love you's" from my babies abound much more than the frustrations that come from raising littles.  How my husband adores me (even though I seem to have a serious phobia of laundry these days) and proves it over and over again on a daily basis.  How God has placed the perfect family and friends in my life to do life with.  How we are in the perfect church for us...not a perfect church, but a God-fearing one.

I thought about His grace.  His protection.  His mercy.  How he can use a simple bird to woo me into glorifying Him.  How the song says, "His eye is on the sparrow and I know He watches me."

At 5:30 this morning I heard it.  His sweet voice speaking softly to me.

How is He choosing to speak to you today? Listen closely and be amazed.

Edit:  And because He's a good God...a few hours after writing this, we discovered a bird sitting on a nest in one of our trees.  When she flew away, we snuck a picture.  New life is on its way...for the mama bird.  And, for me.  Just not by receiving a baby.  God kept me this year and protected me so His perfect plan could be hatched/birthed into my life.


No comments:

Post a Comment