Monday, March 14, 2016

Fervent Prayer

Can I just tell you something?  Fervent prayer works.

Want to know why?  Because it's Biblical.

James 5:16 - NLT
...The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.

I am not at liberty to discuss exactly what I have been praying about for quite some time.  Ok, actually, I guess I am at liberty considering it's about me, but maybe I just don't feel that it's necessary to share.  Either way, let's just say this...

A life-changing prayer has been answered.  I give God ALL the glory.  Do you know when God decided to allow the results to be seen?  When I stopped the half-hearted, "Please help me to blah, blah, blah..." and became impassioned about praying for this particular matter.

Our pastor has been preaching a lot about this topic recently and I so wish that I could encourage you as eloquently as he does.  I can't.  So let me just tell you this, if you are fervently praying for an answer, He will respond.  During the wait, just thank Him that He has already worked it out for His glory.  So don't give up even when you feel like all is lost.  It's not.  He's got this and He's got you.

Kurt Carr – Something Happens Lyrics

CHORUS
Jesus
Something special
Supernatural
About your name
Jesus
Something happens
When I mention your name

Demons have to flee when I say Jesus (Jesus)
Sickness has to heal when I say Jesus (Jesus)
Every knee shall bow before
And every tongue proclaim
With worthy praise
That matchless name of Jesus

CHORUS

When I call upon Your name
The very atmosphere will have to change
We'll be transformed
We'll never be the same
By the power of Your Holy name

CHORUS

Jesus
Something happens when we call your name
Jesus
Oh the power in your name

Jesus Jesus Jesus
Jesus Jesus Jesus
Something happens when I call You



No comments:

Post a Comment