Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sorrow Soothers

You know that saying, "Misery loves company"...I don't buy it.  When I am miserable - or even slightly sad - it just makes me feel worse for others who are hurting.

I am sad tonight.  The reason is a bit trivial.  My sweet girl has to go back to school tomorrow after an amazing ten days off and I am going to miss her so much.  My mama heart feels like it may break as I try to keep from crying.  I just want to stop time...stop my babies from growing too fast.  I know it's a futile wish.  

Some of you are reading this and are probably thinking, " Wow, that's your only sorrow right now?  Oh, to be you.". Here's the thing...I know that there are so many of you with much more valid reasons to grieve tonight.  My heart hurts for you.  It aches for you much more than it does for my little trouble tonight.  I wish I could soothe your pain.  I cannot, but am so thankful that God can.

So, some verses for those like me - who are a wee bit glum - and those who are in agony over extremely painful situations.  I pray that they encourage you like they did me.

Psalm 147:3
He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.  (The next verse says he counts all the stars and calls them by name.  If He can do that, He can definitely heal our hearts, amen?)

Joshua 1:9
Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. 

Isaiah 26:3
You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You. (If only my thick head would always remember this verse BEFORE freaking out...)

Hebrews 10:23
Let us hold fast the confession of Our Hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

Psalm 34:17-18
The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears, and delivers them out of all their troubles. The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

There are so many more, but I must end this because the same little girl who I am sad about going to school tomorrow, just got out of her bed...an hour past her bedtime.  ;)

Hugs and prayers for all of you who read this.  


No comments:

Post a Comment