Sunday, August 14, 2016

The Relentless 'Daddy'

"Daddy, when you were a kid...?"

That question is a favorite in this house.  Two children longing to know even more about the father they admire.  The third child, still too small to voice his questions, listens intently.  Almost as if he knows that it's important when Daddy speaks.  Because in this house, when Daddy is answering a question, the world stops to listen.

"Did you play with cars?"  "Did you like broccoli?"  "Did you have to brush your teeth before bed?"

They soak in his answers.  Eager to learn a little more about his life.  

These wee ones, they've taught me so much.  Yet, as I watch them with this man of mine, they teach me even more.

So, I stop and listen, too.  I listen to how he responds in love to every question.  How his answer is almost never just a one word response, but a response that he knows will satisfy their inquisitive minds.  

And, I wonder, what if I was like that with the One I now know as "Daddy?" 

So, I try it.  I start asking questions about Him...about His character. 

"Daddy, How do I know you will protect me?"  "Daddy, How do I know that you will forgive yet another blunder from this broken flesh?" 

One by one my questions are answered:

Psalm 121:7 - The LORD keeps you from all harm and watches over your life.

1 John1:9 - But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

By reading His word and conversing with Him, He is breathing life - HIS life - into these dry bones:

Ezekiel 37:5 - This is what the Sovereign LORD says to these bones: I will make breath enter you, and you will come to life.

LIFE.  The condition that represents growth, functional activity, the ability to change.  And, as these bones become alive, a desire to know Him more awakens.  I am pursuing Him...everything about Him...and He is pursuing me...my love, my time, my life.  With every question, He provides an answer.  Drawing me to Him.  Responding with love. Showing me His mercy.  He is relentless in His pursuit of me.  

And, He is relentless in His pursuit of YOU.  Watch for Him. Listen to Him.  Wait for Him.  Write down your answers to your own questions.  Let Him breath LIFE into you.

Matthew 6:33 - But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.








No comments:

Post a Comment