Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Don't Fear, Just Dance

Her hair blew wildly as she twirled around.  Beach life suits her and our sweet girl was happy to be on a fishing pier enjoying the view, the wind, and the scent of the ocean air.

Something happened as she looked near her feet.  Her countenance changed.  Concerned, she pointed to the large gaps between some of the boards.  Those gaps, revealing a little too much water below in her opinion.  (Sidenote:  The pier was actually very safe...just not when left to the imagination of a six-year-old).



"Is this safe, Daddy?" "Are we going to fall?"

That sweet man of mine - the man who knows just how to ease the minds of both of his girls - lovingly assured her that everything was fine.  We were safe.


And, just like that, she looked up to the sky and the dancing resumed.

Worry no longer took residence in her thoughts.  She simply took her daddy at his word.  Trusted him without a second thought.  She knew he would not put her in an unsafe situation.

How often do I forget to take my Daddy - God - at His word?  How frequently do I question Him?  How many times do I wonder if the situation He has allowed me to enter into is unsafe?  Why do I allow my countenance to change when looking below?  Why don't I just look up, breathe in His truth and dance?

Want to join me in trusting and dancing today?  Let this truth sink in...

Proverbs 1:33 
But all who listen to me will live in peace,
    untroubled by fear of harm.





3 comments:

  1. You are amazing! This is beautiful!
    I love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful truth! Brought tears to my eyes. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a wonderful truth! Brought tears to my eyes. Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete