Thursday, June 23, 2016

To Me: Love, God

"I'm not in this.   Not in this ball of anger, bitterness and despair.

You want to spew words of frustration.  You want to write to feel better, but only for a moment.  You want to tell others about this wrongdoing.  

For what?  

For sympathy?  For empathy?  For someone to agree with you?

Will it help?  Will you have peace?  Will you have an inner sense of calm?

You know the answer.  That's why you always run to Me.  Usually much later than you should.  

Can it work different this time?  Can you just let Me help you from the get-go?  Can you react in a manner that glorifies Me?  Can you let me edify you as you read My word? Can you acknowledge that I always help?  That all suffering is momentary?  That how you feel now is not how you will feel always?  Life ebbs and flows, but I remain constant.  Can you focus on that truth?  Focus on me?  

I want your attention.  I long for you to communicate with Me.  Praise Me.  Thank Me.  Talk to Me.  Cry out to Me.  Not to a friend who doesn't know what to say.  Don't try to get your husband to fix this.  Sit still.  Be still.  Listen.

Can you hear me?  Can you feel me?  I am calming your anxious heart right now.  Breathe me in.  Let my peace infiltrate your lungs.  Let my presence soothe your soul. 

I am with you...always.  ALWAYS. Without fail.  I am here.  Run to me first."


Psalm 145:18
The Lord is close to all who call on him,
    yes, to all who call on him in truth.








No comments:

Post a Comment