Wednesday, June 29, 2016

So, What About Grace?

I blogged last week right before my Birthday about grace.  How I am thankful that I can see grace in all things.  Now, those words scoff at me.  What happens when we can't see grace?  What happens when we can't feel it?  What happens when all we know is that this world is full of nastiness, cruelness, unfairness and people who like to just be mean and miserable?  What then?

Does it change Grace???

I googled the definition.  Grace...(in Christian belief) the free and unmerited favor of God, as manifested in the salvation of sinners and the bestowal of blessings.

Free and unmerited favor of God?

I ponder that definition.  Because right now, this Grace, I'm just not sure it's flowing in my life.

And, I stop writing right here.  I stop writing and start thanking.  Because those words...that sentence..."I'm just now sure it's flowing in my life"...that's not true.

I know grace flows freely...daily...hourly.

It's showered down upon me in the good.  When I cuddle with my kids, kiss my husband, smile at everyone I see. When I feel the sun on my face, hear the birds in the air, feel the wind blowing my hair. I soak it in during the not so good.  When I am crying out to God because I yelled, upset because I fussed, wondering how I can ever be a better person. When I don't feel lovable, or kind, or happy.

And, in this moment, in this rotten, ugly, moment that I have NO control over...yes, in the moment where one minute I'm trusting Him and the next I'm questioning Him...in this very moment, His grace abounds.

And, 8 days after posting this verse, I post it again...because, clearly, I need it.  Maybe you do, too.  Maybe if we were all a little more aware of His Grace, the things of this world would fade and we'd see only His face.  Maybe we'd all learn to love a little more, fight a little less, trust always, doubt never...

But because God was so gracious, so very generous, here I am. And I’m not about to let his grace go to waste." 1 Corinthians 15:10

God, please, let me never let YOUR grace go to waste.


No comments:

Post a Comment