Sunday, February 4, 2018

He Who Promises Is Faithful

Do you ever condemn yourself? 

Think you don't measure up?


Wonder if you are further away from God than you used to be?

Feel like because you fail daily, maybe He has turned from you?

Or, is that just me?

I had just had a conversation with my husband. "You're closer to God than you think."  

"Not possible." I said as I started to list my ever growing list of flaws.

A few minutes later - unaware of my discussion with her daddy - my girl wanted to show me the words she had just highlighted in her Bible.




Then this...



Sometimes, God needs to wake you up. Make you aware of His truth.

Never - this side of earth - will I arrive at the pinnacle of closeness to God. I'll always need to draw closer. Lean in. Press forward.

This I know though, His grace sustains. My guilt is large. His forgiveness, larger.  


His promises secure.  His redemption final.

No comments:

Post a Comment