Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Run To Him

"Her mommy was so happy to see me. It was like you were there!"

Sweet girl was speaking of her friend's mom who saw her on a field trip that I couldn't attend.

The declaration blessed my heart.  My girl had joy in her soul because someone saw her and made her feel valuable.  So much so that she felt her presence was as precious to this woman as it is to me.  That God would do that for her, makes me cry.  That He would do that for her in my absence, makes me sing praises to my King. 

Isn't that what we all long for?  To feel loved?  To understand we are valued?  To know that people are happy when we are near?

Do you complete daily tasks feeling lost and unseen?  Wander to and fro while wondering if anything has value?  Wrestle with to-do lists while refusing to rest?

All the while, He waits. 

His word promises that He rewards those who come to Him:

Draw near to God and He will draw near to you.  (James 4:8)

Come to me all who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest. (Matthew 11:28)

Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty. (Psalm 90:1)

He defines your worth.  

He declares your value.  

He longs for your presence.  

As you lean in, He smiles and welcomes you into His dwelling place.

Don't over-complicate His truths. When you seek Him, you will find Him.

 Run to the One who will run to you.

Run into his presence like my boy chased down his favorite mouse in this video.  I like to think the excitement my little guy felt in his presence, is the excitement God feels when we desire to be with Him.



No comments:

Post a Comment