Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Second "Birthday" in Heaven

Addi:  Mommy, I need you to text God.
Me:  Sweet Pea, I can't text God, but we can talk to Him whenever we want.
Addi:  No.  I need Him to tell Izzy something...

Izzy.  The baby we lost.  The baby who would be two sometime this week.  The baby who Jared and I think is a boy, but sweet girl is convinced is a girl...her only hope for a sister.  She named her Isabelle...Izzy for short.  She thinks about her a lot.  Tells her friends and strangers about her sister who is in Heaven.  Bless those precious strangers who listen intently and show compassion.  And bless those who quickly turn away, because responding to something like this is tough.

That sweet baby...12 weeks of life inside me was not enough.  But, there's our joyful Gideon...and he wouldn't be here if that baby was.  So, we question nothing.  We accept it all.  But, one doesn't replace the other and we sure do love and miss that little one.  Especially, this "birthday" week and that week in May when we joined a "tribe."  A huge group of people, far too many...mommies and daddies and siblings that will forever love someone in Heaven that they never even got to meet.

And, our girl...since she couldn't text God, she wrote a note to her sibling.  A note she is convinced God will share with that precious baby.

"Izzy, I hope you have a good life.  I love you very much.  Love, Addi."

I assured her that life is so great in Heaven.  And, that our baby knows we love her (or him).  She hugged me close, looked up and blew a kiss...first to her sibling and then to God.


No comments:

Post a Comment